Throughput Accelerator problems ?

Greg Hackney greg at moxie.UUCP
Sun Jul 30 00:57:49 AEST 1989

In article <770 at Terra.cc.brunel.ac.uk> linda at cc.brunel.ac.uk (Linda Birmingham) writes:
>Since we had throughput accelerators added to our 9820 system we
>have had several hardware crashes.
>Any comments on the reliability of the TA's ?

Our 9825 has been VERY reliable. There was one board failure immediately
after the TA addition, but since has run for months. It has 50-70 simultaneous
heads-down users, and processes 30+ news feeds via TCP/IP for the "texbell"
gateway. It's the only system I've ever administered that never needs rebooting.

We just bought 4 Pyramids, and are getting 2 more in September.