finger doesn't (try to) find remote hosts

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Sat Jul 22 11:49:05 AEST 1989

In article <89 at lkbpyr.UUCP> leif at lkbpyr.lkb.se (Leif Ljung) writes:
>Although fingerd is there and the setup seems ok  finger(1)
>ignores any command lines in the form of   user at other-host.

	I suspect that the Pyramid finger(1) is a remnant of 4.2BSD.
Installing the 4.3BSD finger(1) works just fine.  I suspect (with a little
inside info :-) that it's fixed in OSx 5.0.

>--Leif Ljung
>leif at phlux.lkb.se||uunet!mcvax!sunic!lkbpyr!leif

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |