finger problem

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Mon Jul 31 12:55:30 AEST 1989

In article <951 at rex.cs.tulane.edu> mb at rex.cs.tulane.edu (Mark Benard) writes:
[ Mark writes about Pyramid's finger(1) not working for remote lookups of the
  form user at host (i.e. finger joe at host.dom) ]
>Is there a problem with Pyramid's finger and is this just my problem?

	Yes, there's a problem.  I thought this had gotten discussed here
recently, but maybe it was in mail to Carl (csg).  If you have the 4.3 finger
source, simply compile and install.  It works.  If not, check uunet.  The
4.3 finger was apparently ported a long time ago by Pyramid, but never made it
into the source distribution.  A little bird told me it'd be in the next
release beyond 5.0 (5.1, 5.0.1, whatever).

>Mark

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | UUCP Mail -> ..!uunet!polyslo.CalPoly.EDU!steve|
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |