VM allocation question

Karl Kleinpaste karl at dinosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jul 22 15:00:03 AEST 1989

Many thanx to Greg Ullman; he has indeed nailed the problem cold.  I
have dmmax=512 in param.c (and dmmin=8), so the problem is badly
fragmented space.  The deeper problem is that the machine in question
is a 9825 (as opposed to our other Pyrs being 98x's and "smaller"),
hence quite fast and nifty, and the users have discovered this, and so
they're beating it up, and so it hasn't got enough swap space...you
get the idea.  We are working on getting another disc into the beast,
but we're not there yet...
--
I think that everyone's brains get scrambled one way or another.
					--Killashandra Ree