The Quality of Pyramid's Service

Linda Birmingham linda at cc.brunel.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 19:04:59 AEST 1989

>From a Brit's view UKRTOC has improved considerably in the last year or so.
>From my view this is greatly because of the appointment of an excellent
person on the telephone support side of things who asks all the right
questions and makes all the right noises when user brain damage is discovered.
Thanks Deeko. I believe it's also because of re-organisation of the team which
allows the problem solvers to beaver away uninterupted. However, when problems
have to get sent to the States they seem to take a long time to get solved.

I have constantly complained about the quality of PTF's and the osx one
STILL overwrites my adapted accounting stuff (like /usr/.attlib/acct/holidays).
BTW my accounting stuff is adapted 1) To cope with our number of users and
2) Because it doesn't do the accounting correctly.

So to summarise, I think UKRTOC have an excellent team but appear to be poorly
supported by the States.

Linda.
--
Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, England.
janet: linda at uk.ac.brunel.cc |  :-)