X-windows on pyramid (X11R3)

Mark Davies mark at comp.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Sep 8 11:09:46 AEST 1989

In article <BOB.89Sep5003649 at tyranosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu> Bob Sutterfield <bob at cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <1080 at rex.cs.tulane.edu> barad at rex.cs.tulane.edu (Herb Barad) writes:
>   Has anyone got X-windows running on a Pyramid?

>Here's the article that got the job done for me:

>From: mark at comp.vuw.ac.nz (Mark Davies)
>Subject: Re: X windows
>Date: 8 Dec 88 02:47:07 GMT

>In article <1866 at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG> scott at questar.QUESTAR.MN.ORG (Scott Anderson) writes:
>>Are any of you using X windows 11r3 on your pyramids?  If so, did you
>>port it yourself?

>Yes and Yes (Not that there was much to the "port").

>This is what we did (but not in this order).

> [...]

>Now follow the X11R3 installation guide.
>I think thats all we did here.

When I originally posted this I forgot one other change that was necessary.

The OSx 4.0 C compiler does not like Display used as the name of a element of
a particular structure (don't know about newer pyramid compilers).  The fix
for this that we are currently using here follows:

*** lib/Xaw/TextSrcP.h~	Wed Oct 19 05:13:18 1988
--- lib/Xaw/TextSrcP.h	Mon Jun 26 11:50:56 1989
***************
*** 52,61 ****
--- 52,69 ----
      caddr_t		data;