Product Documentation (reference)

Eugene Miya eugene at eos.UUCP
Sun Sep 10 06:24:40 AEST 1989

In article <1888 at scicom.AlphaCDC.COM> rcw at scicom.UUCP (Robert White) writes:
>I can't find it right now, but there is a book with a title something
>like "The Design of Everday Things" containing excellent discussions
>on the design (or lack thereof) of everything from hot/cold taps to
>computer software.

That's The Psychology of Everyday Things (POET) by Don Norman UCSD
(dnorman at ucsd.edu).  A moderately pleasant antecodotal book bashing
"form over functionality" [my words].  Would be nice if it went further.

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene at aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {ncar,decwrl,hplabs,uunet}!ames!eugene
  				Live free or die.