XNS & DECnet

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 05:51:46 AEST 1990

Nixdorf Targon M35/50 w/TOS 3.3.03
Pyramid 9810 w/OSx 4.4?

We have a group of Unix boxes which speak XNS over Ethernet. Ideally, I'd like
to connect them to my Pyramid 9810 Ethernet port and do file transfers and
remote logins. What support exists on the Pyramid for XNS? I know that
SOMETHING is/was out there because of `fgrep XNS /usr/sys/conf/param.c`
and /usr/.ucbinclude/pie/pie.h.

What support is there (via Ethernet) for talking to boxes which speak DECnet?
Again: `fgrep DECnet /etc/makesys /usr/sys/conf/conf.c`
(File transfers, bi-directional remote logins).

We will shortly be running Ethernet TCP/IP between the Pyramid and another
computer. Could TCP/IP, XNS, and DECnet all be run on the Pyramid at
the same time?

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysVR2/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,UnixPC/3B1