stty in 5.0 and 4.1

Bob Vernon bob at pta.oz.au
Mon Dec 24 09:07:06 AEST 1990

In article <1283 at lkbpyr.UUCP> jonas at lkbpyr.UUCP (Jonas Heyman) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I have a problem concerning stty in the "att" universe.
>I recently uppgraded from 4.1 to 5.0 on a 9820 Pyramid.
>On this machine I tried to do following:
>
>    stty < /dev/tty104          (shows 300 baud)
>    stty 9600 < /dev/tty104     (trying to change to 9600 baud)
>    stty < /dev/tty104          (still 300 baud ?)

The stty settings are not maintained unless the port is held open
continuosly.  The three lines above will open and close the port each
time.  Try the following :-

    (   stty
	stty 9600
	stty
    ) < /dev/tty104

Thats in the att universe and assuming Bourne shell syntax.

>When I do the following on a machine with OS 4.1 it works fine,is there
>something I'm doing wrong ? or is there a difference between the OS versions.
>(The port tty104 is marked "off" in inittab).

Should be the same.  Maybe there is something running on the 4.1
system holding the port open.

>Jonas

Bob V!

      -m-------   Robert Vernon			  DOMAIN: bob at pta.oz.au