X Windows (X11R3 or R4) and MOTIF 1.0 ports?

Eric Bergan eric at pyramid.pyramid.com
Fri Jan 12 11:31:45 AEST 1990

In article <329 at bohra.cpg.oz> ejp at bohra.cpg.oz (Esmond Pitt) writes:
>Does anybody have experience porting X11 and Motif1.0 to the Pyramid?
>
>Each ports fairly easily on its own, but they don't talk together
>because X11 ports easiest in 'ucb' while Motif requires 'att'. This
>poses problems due (at least) to the incompatibility between the two
>stdio.h's.
>
>Any experiences, war stories &c about this welcomed.

	Personal experience was that Motif was easier to convert to ucb
than X11 was to att. All of this is rendered less important reasonably
soon - we are hard at work at both ucb and att ports of X11 and Motif.
(Also Open Look, and probably XView.) Of course, the documentation for
this may dwarf the rest of OSx...

--

					eric
					...!pyramid!eric