read from /dev/tty problems

Ken McDonell kenj at yarra.oz.au
Mon Jul 23 10:54:53 AEST 1990

This response is in reply to comments made by Bj|rn Gr|nvall
(bg at cyklop.nada.kth.se) from Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.

I tried to respond by e-mail, but the mail bounced.

I have tried your sample program, and cannot get it to fail on OSx
5.0c-900110, using any of an rcp pty, xterm pty or script pty.

Could you please provide some more information on the version of
OSx in which you see the problem, and the precise conditions under which
you can make it hapen?

> ... I
> have mentioned this in comp.sys.pyramid a number of times but most
> probably the OSx hackers don't read news.

A couple of points,
1. I read news regularly, but have not seen you comments previously (is
   it possible they are not escaping for worldwide distribution?)

2. All sorts of Pyramid foks read news, including the "OSx hackers".

----
Ken McDonell			  E-mail:     kenj at pyramid.com kenj at yarra.oz.au
Performance Analysis Group	  Phone:      +61 3 820 0711
Pyramid Technology Corporation	  Disclaimer: I speak for me alone, of course.
Ken McDonell			  E-mail:     kenj at pyramid.com kenj at yarra.oz.au