WordProcessors on Pyramids?

Antoinette Leister ASQNC-TAB-IS 5357 aleiste at APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL
Thu Nov 8 08:18:47 AEST 1990

Responding to Lindsay Wakeman's prompt for more info on WordPerfect...

> >What "popular" word processors have been ported to run on a Pyramid 9810?
> >WordPerfect, WordStar, MicroSoft Word, etc...
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Yes, certainly WordPerfect - but only (as far as we know..?) Version 4.2
> We recently ran a trial copy of this and it seemed to work quite well.
> Unfortunately most PC users are used to 5.1. We are unaware of plans to
> port 5.1, but if anyone else knows more - please let me know!

-----
  We inquired about the chances of obtaining future releases beyond
WordPerfect 4.2 for Pyramid hosts.  The response from WordPerfect
Corporation was that the Pyramid client base is not large enough at
this time to warrant the company working on any upgrade.  Meanwhile,
our user community, who use PC's and also a Pyramid, is already
processing with WordPerfect 5.1 at the PC level.

Antoinette Leister                  |  Information Systems Command
aleiste at apg.army.mil                |  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD