Disappearing cron

Richard Perini rpp at rilin.ci.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 8 20:55:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov6.165642.2742 at ioe.lon.ac.uk> law at ioe.lon.ac.uk (Lindsay Wakeman) writes:

>We have a 98xe running 4.4. From time to time (soon after a reboot)
>we lose our ucbcron daemon. rc.local starts both att and ucb daemons.
>
>Anyone else seen this or know a reason?

Yes!  We have seen exactly the same thing on an MIS-2 with OSx5.0.
There is no core dump and no error message.  I haven't got round to
reporting it yet...

--
Richard Perini                                             Phone: +61 2 9064333
Corinthian Engineering                                       Fax: +61 2 9061556