Pyramid upgrade nonsense??

Wayne Lyle wlyle at sjuphil.uucp
Sun Jun 30 02:10:24 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun28.115528.1553 at apertus.mn.org> bradm at apertus.mn.org writes:
>Our pyramid rep informed us it is going to take at least a month to upgrade
>our OS on our 9815 from OSx5.0 to 5.1. . .  Because we need a hardware
>upgrade??  This seems like so much smoke to me, can anybody give me a
>rational as to why this might be true??

	We got the same song and dance act from them.  I basically told them I
had no intentions of waiting (we were in the middle of a beta test) and that I
was willing to take the risk.  So far we have been running 5.1 for about a
month or two without any problems.  Our FE said that outhe boards in our 9825
were not that old but they were not up to the specifications that were set for
5.1.  Anyway, it is no joke, they do want to hold you up to get the new boards
in place.  Two stories I heard on the topic 1) They held up one site for close
to 10 months before they got the board and the tapes.  2) At another site they
had been working OK on 5.1 - Pyramid brought in the new boards and tried to do
the install.  Turns out the new boards were no good to begin with.  Oh well
what can you do.

	If yf you are willing to back out of the upgrade and to give it a
shot, s, get them to cut the tape.  If it doesn't work just be prepared for a
whole lot of "I told you so"s.

Wayne J. Lyle

--

Wayne J. Lyle