Building G++ on Pyramid

Ben Golding bgg at pta.pyramid.com.au
Tue Jun 25 18:48:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun23.015823.25711 at comp.vuw.ac.nz> jonathan at beta.isor.vuw.ac.nz (Jonathan Stone) writes:
>In article <1991Jun22.145936.14935 at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au> anthony at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Anthony Baxter) writes:
>>Has anyone had any luck using g++ on a Pyramid? I've managed to get
>>it compiled, but it produces assembler with labels like __$_FooBar,
>>and the Pyramid as doesnt allow $ as a valid character in a label.
>
>You don't want to look in the G++ source code to fix this.  The
>standard workaround to this problem is to use some character other than '$',
>but the Pyramid assembler also rejects that character in labels.

If you're trying to prevent accidental name collisions you could use
"." -- the assembler accepts that in labels.

If you insist on "$" being labels then you're out of luck.  It's
already used for immediate operands.  A special version of the
assembler would be ugly.  Consider "$name", what does it refer to?

	Ben.