Help, More pty's in OSX5.1 on a MIS !

Anders Grund angr at imspy2.im.se
Wed Mar 20 18:38:20 AEST 1991

We have a problem with increasing the number off actives pseudo devices at
one off our sites. The problem came after uppgrading a MIS4/02 from OSx5.0d
to Turbo CPU's and OSX5.1.

All of the files which you have to uppdate after making a new kernel with
more pty's, are uppdated (in OSx5.0 anyhow). That is under /etc
inittab, ttys, ttytype, u_ttytype.

The only difference i know of is that in 5.0 the NPTY variable was changed
in /usr/sys/kernel_m/conf.c, but now it's changed in the input file for
makesys. I have heard that this should work, is there any conflict here
or what is the problem ?

We are about to uppgrade two other MIS machines very soon. Help on this
matter would be appriciated.

Anders

P.S We have spoken tho our support organisation in Sweden, although
they didn't come up with any solutions.
				D.S

Anders Grund			Email:	angr at imdpy1.im.se
Industri-Matematik Data AB	Phone:	+46 8 676 50 00
Kungsgatan 8			Fax:	+46 8 676 51 51
S-111 43 Stockholm, Sweden