Question about using an 8k block size

Bill Thomason wbt at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Tue May 28 02:40:42 AEST 1991

We have a problem with fragmentation in our "news" disk partition.  That
partition sometimes "fills up" during news expiration.  But I have found that
it is only full file blocks, not fragments or inodes, that we are running out
of.  So I would like to rebuild the file system in that partition using 8K
file blocks instead of the default 16K.  Is there any configuration
information that I have to change elsewhere if I do this?  Is there anything
else I need to do other than specify the 8K block size as an option to newfs?

-bill
Bill Thomason                           Email: wbt at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Dept. of Computer Science                      thomason at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Tulane University                              wbt at rex.uucp