High Capacity Tape Drives

Steve Goodwin steve at lucifer.UUCP
Wed May 22 17:27:20 AEST 1991

Due to conflicting advice, we would welcome opinions and experiences with
tape backup systems other than standard 9 track tape on Pyramids.
Specifically Exabyte drives, DAT drives and the 3480-based 'autochanger'
drive. All are supported by Pyramid in the UK but opinions - even within
Pyramid - vary. For example; 'Exabyte is slow ... unreliable ... cost
effective;  DAT will be good when proven ... long term unknown ... not yet
available; 3480 is slow ... old technology ... industry standard '
And so on..... :-)
Please respond by mail and I will summarise to the net.
--
|  Steve Goodwin                    { steve at uk.co.lucasauto.eg              |
|  Electronic Control Group,        { ..!ukc!lucifer!steve                  |