OSx 5.1 upgrade

Wayne Lyle wlyle at sjuphil.uucp
Thu May 23 07:50:59 AEST 1991

In article <320 at texbell.sbc.com> mechtjm at tnesss.sbc.com writes:
>I am preparing to upgrade my 9815 from OSx 4.4c to OSx 5.1.
>Does anyone have any words of wisdom or helpfull hints?
>Thanks

	We just went through the upgrade to 5.1 (from 5.0) on two 9825's, and
everthing went pretty much as planned.  After you are done with the upgrade
you have one PTF to install.  If you have dual ported disk drives be careful
of the SWEEP option.  It has a problem detecting if the drive is in use, and
knocked both parts of a mirrored disk offline.

	The utility is used to create a small amount of activity on disk
drives that have not been accessed for some time.  The problem with the
program is that it seems not to see that the drives that are on the other
machine but have the dual port option attached.

	Anyway that is the only major problem (so far).

Wayne J. Lyle

Wayne J. Lyle
Dilworth, Paxson, Kalish & Kauffman
Philadelphia, PA 19109
(215) 875-8583

/* DISCLAIMER:  I am using this site (sjuphil) as my only link to the *|
/* 		net.  Any statements made here are not those of my    *|
/*		employer or my alma mater.                            *|