stereo on iris

Lloyd La Comb LACOMB at SIERRA.STANFORD.EDU
Fri Feb 12 09:06:31 AEST 1988

I'm having some trouble creating stereo pairs on the Iris.  It seems that all
I should have to do is to change the eye position with polarview() or lookat()
and I should have stereo pairs but that doesn't seem to be happening.  The
following is a short algol-like desription of what I'm doing can anyone out
there see anything that's wrong I imagine it's something obvious.

ginit()
viewport()
perspective()
pushmatrix()
polarview(dist,0,0-offset,twist) nose sitting on z axis, left eye to the left
drawobj()
popmatrix()
polarview(dist,0,0+offset,twist) right eye to the right
drawobj()

I ran the program with several different offsets from 1 to 12 degrees and took
slides for each eye and looked at them in a stereo viewer and threr's is no
3d effect to speak of.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

						Lloyd La Comb

						lacomb at sierra.stanford.edu
-------