coordinate transformations

Fletcher Robinson frobinso at cirm.northrop.COM
Sat Jun 4 02:10:43 AEST 1988

I am using the following graphics routines to place character strings
and record their positions : cmov(), charstr(), getcpos(). 'cmov' and
'charstr' work well together -- I assume because they use the same
coordinate system. After placing a character string, I use 'getcpos'
to record where I left off, but it aparently uses a different coordinate
system because I can not make sense out of a subsequent call to 'cmov'
using the returned values to reposition the character cursor. Does anyone
know what needs to be done to make this scenario work the way I would
expect it to?         Thanx ...