International Iris User Forum at Siggraph

Frank Dietrich dietrich at SGI.COM
Sat Jun 11 11:56:00 AEST 1988

INTERNATIONAL IRIS USER FORUM
For the third time Silicon Graphics will be hosting the International
Iris User Forum at Siggraph to be held this year in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Forum is an ideal place for you to touch base with many
interesting people in the Iris community and to be informed about
current and future technical developments at Silicon Graphics.

                        Marriott Hotel, Atlanta
                        Imperial Ballroom A & B
                        Wednesday, Aug. 3, 1988

11-1  | SIG CAD-Geometric Modeling | SIG  Art & Animation          |
2 -4  | SIG Visual Simulation      | SIG  Scientific Visualization |
5-7:30|      General Session: Iris Applications & Technology       |
7:30-9|                  Iris User Reception                       |

INTERNATIONAL ATTENDANCE
Siggraph attracts many international visitors and is acclaimed as
the premier show for the most up-to-date trends in computer graphics
worldwide. This is your chance to communicate with leading
researchers, programmers, and artists who will showcase the expanding
international scope of the Iris user community.

GENERAL SESSION: IRIS APPLICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY
As in previous years we will organize a general session for everyone.
This session will highlight the best applications developed by you
on Iris workstations. SGI's top technical officers will discuss
future technological developments in computing and graphics.
Again, we will encourage an open exchange of ideas between you
and members of Silicon Graphics' executive team.

SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs)
Due to the growth of the Iris community we made arrangements to
add four special interest groups. Each will last 2 hours, two
will run simultaneously in parallel. These sessions encourage
a high degree of user participation and interaction. SGI liasons
will help to coordinate the special interest groups.

YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN
If every member of the Iris community takes personal responsibility
for at least one activity at the International User Forum we can all
look forward to an exciting and spirited event.
* Do you want to give a presentation?
* Would you like to share your favorite program in the Software
  Exchange?
* Do you have any interesting information or terrific images for the
  next Iris Universe?
* What is the most important issue you would like to discuss?

Let me know and stay in touch!

Frank <dietrich at sgi.com>
(415) 962-3348

P.S. after an already long message: The next Iris Universe will come
out in full-color with many digitally printed images. And we are
working on getting the Software Exchange going. It looks pretty
good!