(none)

CD05 at DKAUNI46.BITNET CD05 at DKAUNI46.BITNET
Tue Mar 1 23:01:20 AEST 1988

concerning the dials and button box and problems of Dan Dolata.
 we've got dials and buttons recently for our IRIS-4D/60T. The same
problem Dan had, occured to me. On the 4D there is a way to restart
the box without rebooting:
1. change diald-entry in /etc/inittab form
   diald:234:..... to
   diald:234a:......   (234 are our run-levels, may be other on yours)
   a is a very special run-level
2. if your box was turned off, turn it on, kill the running diald-
   process and type
   telinit a
   That restarts only the processes marked with a, but does not change
   the actual run level and therefore does not interfer with running
   processes.
I don't know who to do that on an IRIS-3D, but I think there must be
a similar way.
Stefan Brode