C++ on Silicon Graphics workstations

David Jevans jevans at .ucalgary.ca
Fri Oct 14 17:04:27 AEST 1988

In article <294 at unicads.UUCP>, ken at unicads.UUCP (Ken Garnett) writes:
> Does anybody out there know if there is a version of C++ that works on
> Silicon Graphics hardware (either the SGI 3000 series, or the 4-D series)??

We ported the at&t c++ compiler to our iris 3020. no probs.  the thing
is pretty easily ported to any unix machine.  why not buy a copy and
port the thing?  it is simply a matter of reading the manual and answering
some questions as it prompts you (max 1 or 2 days).  once cfront is up it uses
the c compiler on the iris to generate the executable code.  no reason why it
should not be simple to port to a 4d.

Dave Jevans
	"I've travelled far and wide through many different lands.
	 What did you see there?
	 I saw the saints with their toys.
	 What did you see there?
	 I saw all knowledge destroyed."

David Jevans, U of Calgary Computer Science, Calgary AB  T2N 1N4  Canada
uucp: ...{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!jevans