(none)

Russ Byrne byrne at ENEEVAX.UMD.EDU
Mon Sep 19 10:01:37 AEST 1988

Subject: Pix file to HP-GL file conversion (for plotting)

I neglected to specify what I meant by "pix" file format, as
Phil Dykstra pointed out.  I mean the format used in the BRL
tools, i.e., the 24 bit per pixel color image format read by such
utilities as pix-bw, etc.  The files are called file.pix usually.

What I'd like to be able to do is plot (on a large HP plotter) an
image (mostly vectors) displayed on the IRIS screen, without recoding
my graphics to use other plotting primatives discussed in the libplot
documentation from BRL.  I've got a utility that will dump the screen
into .pix format, and then laser print on an Imagen laser printer
(using pix-bw and bw-impress), but what about a nice big color plot?

Has anyone done this?  The main step is to convert the file from raster
to vector format...

Russ Byrne                                  | Mark Twain:
VOICE: (301) 428-6009 [Fairchild Space Co.] | "God made the Idiot for
ARPA: byrne at eneevax.umd.edu                 | practice, and then He
UUCP: {seismo,allegra}!mimsy!eneevax!byrne  | made the School Board."