Sound chip for the Personal IRIS

Martin Serrer - Systems Manager SERRER at nrcm3.nrc.ca
Thu Aug 31 23:56:00 AEST 1989

Hi,
Scott Mark of  Department of Computer Science, Purdue University writes...

>        In the graphics users' manual, under the section on porting
>applications to the Personal IRIS, it mentions that the Personal IRIS
>has a sound chip.  I haven't been able to find any other information
>on whether this chip indeed exists, and how to use it if it does.
>        We have a complete set of manuals, but no index has an entry
>for "sound."  Can anyone clear this up please?

  Try looking in the back of the IRIS-4D System Administrators Reference Manual
Section 1M -Section 7  in the special files section under AUDIO(7)  The
description is somewhat terse and lacking in examples but there is something
there.
  Now if SGI would only document the AUDIO channel on my 4D50 processor card...

                                        Martin
|  Martin Serrer     -    Systems Munger   |     |     |   +---+   /----\      |
|  Systems Laboratory,  Bldg. M-3 RM.118   |     |\    |   |   |  |      \     |
|  Division of Mechanical Engineering      |     | \   |   |   |  |            |
|  National Research Council of Canada     |     |  \  |   |---+  |            |
|  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    K1A-0R6      |     |   \ |   | \    |            |
|  serrer at syslab.nrc.ca   (BITNET)         |     |    \|   |  \   |      /     |
|  (613) 993-9442         (Bell)           |     |     |   |   \   \----/      |