4D/20 manuals

D. Christopher Dunlap dunlap at bigboote.sgi.com
Wed Aug 9 05:07:22 AEST 1989

In article <8908081436.AA03608 at aero4.larc.nasa.gov> blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854") writes:

>   You ship buggy, outdated OS software?!!!  That is reprehensibly
>irresponsible.  No wonder people have soo many problems with their
>4D's.  Any responsible company would ship new machines with the lastest
>revision of software.
>--
>
>	Brent L. Bates
>	NASA-Langley Research Center
>	M.S. 294
>	Hampton, Virginia  23665-5225
>	(804) 864-2854
>	E-mail: blbates at aero4.larc.nasa.gov or blbates at aero2.larc.nasa.gov

3.1G is not needed for most systems. It is required for IP7 based systems
(4D-2xx) and fixes some assorted bugs of various severity. The
severity depends on your application  for the system. If you have a
specific problem with a system that's running 3.1D, then call the
Geometry Hotline and we'll help you out. The solution MIGHT be to send
you 3.1G, but, it might not.

What is it about this medium that makes people act like spoiled children?

chris

D. Christopher Dunlap		email: dunlap at sgi.sgi.com

Hardware Product Support
Customer Support Division