dbx problems

Martin Serrer - Systems Manager SERRER at nrcm3.nrc.ca
Wed Aug 9 06:02:00 AEST 1989

   Brent Bates writes...

>    I take back all the NICE things I had to say about dbx.  It barely works.
>(I am TRYING to use it at the moment, thats why I remember how bad dbx is)

  I agree!!! and EDGE just almost glosses over the rough edges. SW tools
development people at SGI, Are you listening ?? Why not just throw out dbx
altogether and create something new and useful rather than just patching up
what was terrible to begin with! The documentation doesn't help matters much
either.
                                        Martin
|  Martin Serrer     -    Systems Munger   |     |     |   +---+   /----\      |
|  Systems Laboratory,  Bldg. M-3 RM.118   |     |\    |   |   |  |      \     |
|  Division of Mechanical Engineering      |     | \   |   |   |  |            |
|  National Research Council of Canada     |     |  \  |   |---+  |            |
|  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    K1A-0R6      |     |   \ |   | \    |            |
|  serrer at syslab.nrc.ca   (BITNET)         |     |    \|   |  \   |      /     |
|  (613) 993-9442         (Bell)           |     |     |   |   \   \----/      |