IRIS 3030 Disk Problems

Tony Facca fsfacca at LERC08.LERC.NASA.GOV
Wed Aug 23 00:03:14 AEST 1989

"Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854" <blbates at aero4.larc.nasa.gov> writes:

>   If the disk is completely dead, you could buy the same drive from a third
>party for at least half the cost that SGI would charge you.  I have heard
>from people who have done this and it seems to work.  Of course NO ONE at
>SGI would recomend it, but you know how that is.  We have a 380Mb drive on
>order, to replace the 170Mb drive that came with our machine.  As soon as
>we have that installed and running I will post our results on info-iris.

I would be interested in hearing how this goes for you guys.  Also, when you
do post your results, could you also include the make and model of the third
party drive, and its GSA price.  Also, are you really replacing the original
disk or just adding a second one?  Thanks.

Tony Facca                     |     phone: 216-433-8318
NASA Lewis Research Center     |
Cleveland, Ohio  44135         |     email: fsfacca at lerc08.lerc.nasa.gov