Trouble with DATA statement

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at masig3.ocean.fsu.edu
Mon Aug 14 21:16:09 AEST 1989

The following code section does not compile on the Personal IRIS.
It appears to be standard FORTRAN --- it comes from TOOLPACK,
which is supposed to be very standard.  It compiles just fine on the
IRIS 3000 and on both Sun 3 and Sun 4's.

The compiler error message is not helpful:
	Syntax error on line 15 ---- (This line contains the DATA statement)

Replacing the 'F' and 'T' variables with .FALSE. and .TRUE. does not
help, leading me to believe that the implied DO-loops are causing the
trouble....
        SUBROUTINE CIITEM(NODE,OCCURS,STYPE,STATUS,INTFIL)
        INTEGER MAXL,NCII,CIIFIL,CIIERR
        PARAMETER (MAXL=11,NCII=21,CIIFIL=7,CIIERR=5)

        LOGICAL T,F
        PARAMETER (T=.TRUE.,F=.FALSE.)

        INTEGER PTR,TEXT(134),CIINUM,TYPCHK,CIITYP(NCII),I,
     +          NTYPE,DTYPE,SYMBOL(8),SSTYPE(132)
        LOGICAL CIIAST(NCII),CIIVAR(NCII),CIISTY(8,NCII)
        CHARACTER*(MAXL) CIINAM,CIILST(NCII)

        SAVE CIILST,CIITYP,CIIAST,CIIVAR,CIISTY,SSTYPE

        DATA (CIILST(I),CIIAST(I),CIITYP(I),CIIVAR(I),
     +        (CIISTY(J,I),J=1,8),I=19,NCII)/
     +'STATUS',F,6,F,F,F,T,T,F,F,F,F,
     +'UNFORMATTED',F,6,T,F,F,F,F,T,F,F,F,
     +'UNIT',T,0,F,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T/

        END