# of overlay planes

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com
Thu Aug 17 10:05:36 AEST 1989

In article <8908161833.AA12079 at castor.wustl.edu>, weinhous at CASTOR.WUSTL.EDU ("Martin S. Weinhous") writes:
>   And, while I have you on the "line."  Note the TT>  prefix to lines
> from your message.  I had to ~m (interpolate) your message then use vi
> to change the first character from <tab> to TT> for each line.  Why
> dosen't set indentprefix work for Mail?  Any suggestions?
> 						Marty Weinhous
> 					  <weinhous at castor.wustl.edu>
> 				 	<...!uunet!wucs1!dinorah!weinhous>

`grep -i prefix *` on the 4.3-Tahoe, 4.3BSD, and SVR3.2 mailx source
finds nothing obviously related.  Transmit() in collect.c in 4.3Tahoe
and SVR3.2 mailx simply putc('\t'), without checking anything for
permission.

The easiest work around is probably to build a vi macro.  One generally
needs to edit a reply to remove the zillion mail headers

Vernon Schryver
Silicon Graphics
vjs at sgi.com