Optical Disk add-on

Mark Bradley markb at denali.sgi.com
Sat Aug 19 04:42:22 AEST 1989

In article <8908181442.AA10702 at aero4.larc.nasa.gov>, blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS294 x42854") writes:

>    What about the Introl Sterling 650E, the (Magneto-Optical, this is
> the first time I have ever seen anyone name this correctly) Optical Disk?
> As well as ther WORM drives?  I was given that impression that these are
> SGI "approved" devices.  Is that incorrect?
> --

Yes, that is incorrect.  These may or may not work.  Introl may or may not
know.  Or it might depend on the system.  I do not know what our relation-
ship with Introl is, either.  I do know that no one in SGI's engineering org-
anization has worked on this product directly, and certainly not to the
level where it is 'blessed'.

						markb

--
Mark Bradley				"Faster, faster, until the thrill of
IO Subsystems				 speed overcomes the fear of death."