Connecting ATT 7300 to SGI network

Steve Strategos stratego at MANTA.NOSC.MIL
Thu Aug 10 04:53:07 AEST 1989

Bill Lasher asks:

	We have a lab of SGI personal IRIS machines.  We would like to attach
	a PC so we can transfer CADKEY files from DOS based PC's.  We have the
	opportunity to get two ATT 7300's for free, but we don't know much about
	them.  Can the ATT read DOS files without a special board?  What would
	it take to hook them up to the SGI ethernet (running TCP/IP, NFS)?  Any
	suggestions would be appreciated.

The ATT 7300 will read and write DOS files on the built in floppy, as well as
format DOS disks.  You will, however, need an add-on board if you want to run
DOS executables on the 7300.  There is no ethernet capability on the 7300 and as
far as I know there are no add-on cards available.  I have always used the built
in modem or the serial line for connecting to other computers.  Hope this helps.

Steve Strategos
voice: (703) 827-4700