Overlays, underlays

Mike York zombie at voodoo.UUCP
Wed Aug 30 00:28:16 AEST 1989

In article <41054 at sgi.sgi.com> woo at sharona.csd.sgi.com (Mason Woo) writes:
>Commercial message:  Overlays and underlays are currently discussed in the
>first IRIS 4D Graphics course.  Writemasks are not discussed in neither the
>Graphics nor the Advanced Graphics courses, but we are thinking about
>including them when we revise the courses.

When I took the beginning gl class 4 years ago, writemasks were covered
thoroughly.  Now, when we we get a new person in our group and send them
to the basic gl class, no writemasks.  Writemasks are essential for our
application.  There are things you can do with writemasks in doublebuffer
mode that can't be done with underlays/overlays.  Writemasks should be
covered in the basic gl class.

--
Mike York
Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington