FORTRAN program optimisation

David B. Anderson davea at quasar.wpd.sgi.com
Sat Aug 26 08:43:03 AEST 1989

In article <41004 at sgi.sgi.com> calvin at dinkum.wpd.sgi.com (Calvin H. Vu) writes:
>In article <89Aug25.093608edt.57688 at ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca>, LEONARDZ at UOGUELPH.BITNET ("Len Zaifman  UoGuelph 824-4120 xt 6566", 519) writes:
[stuff deleted]
>>     Also, for a very large program such
>>     as this what are the recommended analysis tools on IRIX to help
>>     optimise the performance(hopefully without source code changes ). I am
>>     looking for tools which help restructure the binary(loaded) code to
>>     enhance performance.
>>
>	Sorry we don't have any tools that can do optimization on loaded
>	binary code.
[stuff deleted]

Calvin is quite correct about release 3.1.  However for 3.2 we support
cord(1), which restructures a binary.   When you get 3.2 see the cord(1),
ftoc(1), prof(1), pixie(1), and cc(1) man pages for further information.

[ David B. Anderson  Silicon Graphics  (415)964-1459x3060  davea at sgi.com ]