reverse video on 4D

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Thu Aug 31 22:31:19 AEST 1989

Regarding the message:
> Date: 31 Aug 89 01:43:36 GMT
> From: Tom Stockfisch <chem.ucsd.edu!tps at ucsd.edu>
> Subject: reverse video on 4D
>
> The "edge" debugger on our 4D20 presents windows with black letters on a
> white background -- i.e., reverse video.  Is there any way to get a
> shell window that looks like this?
>
> Also, when you run the editor from inside edge you get a window that is
> not only reverse video, but also a larger font than is possible with
> any of the font/size options on a normal shell window.  Is there any way
> to get *that* in a shell window?

You can change colors in a shell window with the command "textcolors";
the four parameters are the foreground, background, highlight, and
cursor colors (not necessarily in that order; see the manual page).

Wsh also allows you to specify a font and colors when you start up
a shell window.  You can find the fonts available in directory
/usr/NeWS/fonts; leave off the file extension.  You can also specify
window position on the screen, and window size (there are terminfo
entries for 24 line, 40 line, and 66 line windows).  See the wsh(1)
manual page for more details.
Mike Goss
Merit Technology Inc.
(214)733-7018