Thanks - but more questions!

Brent L. Bates TAD/TAB ms294 x42854 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Tue Jul 11 22:18:57 AEST 1989

   Like I said I prefer it the other way, BSD with SYS V enhancements.
I really don't see the SYS V lp as being more flexible than the BSD.
I haven't seen anything on the SYS V lp that can't be done with BSD.
We have a Gould that is BSD with SYS V extensions and it has several
printing devices contected to it directly and we can send output to
other computers printing devices without any problem.  I find the BSD
printcap easier to use than the SYS V interfaces.
   I used mknetpr and then changed it so I could print files on our
Gould.  It took a little while, but I finally got it to work.  I would
have been easier of the 3130 had been BSD.

"how can you get a Sun to print to a printer on a SYS V machine...?"

   Well the problem lies in the SYS V machine, not the BSD machine.

   I guess I though he had sent a copy to info-iris.  On point 3,

"3. Files printed using lpr have a date and time on them - but the time is
    not the same as the system time! ....      "

It seems that TZ wasn't set correctly for the filter and the times were
off by 3 hours.
   Thanks for the info.
--

	Brent L. Bates