TeX distribution for the SGI

Mike Gigante mg at dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 26 03:29:15 AEST 1989

Of course, you can always make a symbolic link to some otherplace e.g.

	(as root)
	# mkdir /d/tex
	 (assuming /usr/local exists and /usr/local/tex doesn't)
	# ln -s /d/tex /usr/local/tex
	# zcat texbin.tar.Z | tar xvf -

If you don't want to extract to the absolute pathnames, you can always do

	# zcat texbin.tar.Z | tar xvRf -

One final thing is that I built TeX and friends assuming the absolute
pathnames as distributed in texbin.tar.Z, if you want to move it elsewhere
you can do so but will need to set a number of environment variables

TEXINPUTS [/usr/local/tex/inputs]
TEXFORMATS [/usr/local/tex/formats] & [/usr/local/tex/bigformats]
TEXFONTS [/usr/local/tex/fonts/tfm] (for TeX) (it is different for TeXsgi)

There may be more that I have forgotten...

Anyhow,good luck!

Mike Gigante