3130 Used Monitor Query

Mike Goss goss at SNOW-WHITE.MERIT-TECH.COM
Tue Jun 27 10:28:03 AEST 1989

Regarding the message from Michael Cohen <bucasb!mike at bu-cs.bu.edu>:
> We have a 3130 monitor which appears to have a blown power supply.
> Silicon Graphics has quoted us a figure of $1900.00 to fix the monitor.
> Does any body know of a third party monitor which would be appropriate
> for the box, and might sell for less.  If not, does anybody have a used
> monitor which they would be willing to part with.

I don't know for sure if it will work, but in theory you should be
able to use one of the new higher resolution (1024x768) multiple scan rate
monitors made for PCs (NEC, Mitsubishi, and others make these).
I have seen these in in 13 and 19 inch sizes.  You can probably
find a local computer store that will let you try one and return
it if it doesn't work.  You might have to make your own cable, since these
usually come with an IBM PC "VGA" type 15 pin connector;
some also have the "normal" BNC connectors.

Mike Goss
Merit Technology Inc.