(none)

Stephen H. Watson watson at ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU
Thu Jun 29 13:30:33 AEST 1989

Hi,

My name is Steve Watson, and I'm a member of the Computer-Aided Geometric
Design Research Group at Arizona State uUniversity.  We have an Iris 3130
and an Iris 4D/70GT, as well as a perPersonal Iris.  In addition, these are
networked via Ethernet to a VAX 11/750, an Ardent Titan and a variety of
Suns and other machines on campus,in our labs as well as around campus.

We are currently conducting research into the design and analysis of
free-form curves and surfaces, as well as higher-dimensinonal problems such
as volume visualization, trivariate interpolation, etc.  Much of our work
is directed towards the problems of triangulations in 3 - and 4- dimensions,
multivariate interpolation and approximation, surfaces defined on surfaces,
adnd so on.  Although a good deal of this work is purely academic, quite
a lot of it is directly related to industrial (aircraft, automotive) problems.

In addition, we have developed a variety of interfaces and graphics "demo"-
type software.

I'd be interested in hearing from others out there who are condutcting research
into the same types of problems.

Fairways and Greens!

Steve Watson
Watsonwatson at enuxha.eas.asu.edu