ftpd(1M) bug report and fix

Andrew Cherenson arc at SGI.COM
Wed Jun 14 04:21:43 AEST 1989

Tom Haapanen <tom at mims-iris.waterloo.edu>  writes:
>I have been having a lot of trouble getting the 'ls' command working with
>ftpd on our machine: [...] (we're using 3.1C).

This bug in anonymous ftp has been fixed in release 3.1D. For releases
3.1A-C only, it is necessary to create ~ftp/lib and copy /lib/libc_s into it.
Customer Support has known about this workaround since the bug was discovered.

If you support anonymous ftp on your IRIS-4D, please update it to 3.1D.
An important ftpd bug has been fixed in that release.