Polygon Fonts

Mike York zombie at voodoo.UUCP
Wed Jun 14 02:15:55 AEST 1989

In article <8906071252.AA25771 at suntc.tech.uucp> jh34607 at suntc.UUCP (john howell) writes:

>Kevin Martin writes:
>
>>Could anyone inform me of the location of, or could share or sell polygonal
>>fonts?
	.
	.
	.
>Another  source of fonts would be to use outline fonts from bitstream or
>a myriad other sources.  These are marketed for PostScript Laser
>printers.  Of course you would probably have to rasterize them or
>polygonalize them yourself.

Are there any plans to support outline postscript fonts?  In section
D.1.1 in section 2 of the 4Sight User's Guide it says:

	"At present the IRIS Font Manager does not implement the full
	PostScript font mechanism.  It supports only bitmap fonts..."

Do the words "at present" imply some hope that outline fonts may be
supported in the future?  We've got the OCRB and Swiss outline fonts from
Bitstream that we would love to include in our application.

--
Mike York
Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington