Screen dumps with icut

Darrell Davis davis at blake.acs.washington.edu
Sat Jun 3 09:55:50 AEST 1989

I have just started trying to do graphics dumps using the icut utility
that comes in 4Dgifts.  The hints I pulled off of the net were right
on and this seems to work quite well.  I have one question about contol
of the output.

I can't seem to get laser-printer output that has an all white background, that is, my output always has a gray background.  I have used cedit to make sure
that the drawing in my window has a white background (255 255 255) before I
generate the image file with icut, still get the gray b-ground on the printed
output.  There are lots of tools within 4Dgifts for manipulation of image files
but I'm not sure what I need to do, or how to access the info that I need to
change the background.  Suggestions?  When I use ipaste to look at the generated
image file before conversion to PostScript with pprint, it looks fine.

Thanks,

Darrell