Wsh and pathnames.

James Lee Johnson jjhnsn at tintin.slcs.slb.com
Sat Jun 17 06:45:25 AEST 1989

In article <34885 at sgi.SGI.COM> kipp at warp.wpd.sgi.com (Kipp Hickman) writes:

>If you start it from 4sight, then it inherits the environment from
>4sight.  This is the most common problem, because 4sight is started
>before your environment is loaded up.  A quick-and-dirty solution
>is to add the following (sample) line to your user.ps in your
>home directory:

Is there any way to run 4sight from the .login, rather than have
it run automatically and unconditionally?

I cannot find any documentation on this "feature" in our 4D manuals,
and the SGI hotline was not much help.

Thanks in advance,

    jj
--
James Lee Johnson
Internet:  jjhnsn at slcs.slb.com			jjhnsn at cs.utexas.edu
UUCP:	   cs.utexas.edu!slcs.slb.com!jjhnsn	cs.utexas.edu!jjhnsn