Graphic problems

Knobi der Rechnerschrat XBR2D96D at DDATHD21.BITNET
Fri Mar 10 02:08:45 AEST 1989

Hallo everybody,

  we just encountered a strange graphic problem after upgrading

a) from a 4D70G to a 4D70/GT and after that
b) from some IRIX 3.1 prerelease to IRIX 3.1C.

  Before this action the following (highly simplified) code worked just fine:

main()

  winopen("1.st");
  fork()
  if parent: do some work
  else if child: winopen("2.nd") and some more work

  After the double-upgrade we get a core-dump from the second winopen. The call-
stack reads like this:

gl_init_wstate( .... ) glinit.c line 148
winope( ..... ) winstuff.c line 538
winopen (....) ginit.c line 98

  I would like to know whether this is a bug in the software, or a violation
of the window-manager rules, or a feature of the GT-hardware. A small test-
program, which reproduces the described behaviour, is included an can be
compiled and linked using

cc test.c -o test -lgl -g

  We would really appreciate a fast response, because this problem is quite
disturbing to our work.

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt
Physical Chemistry 1
Petersenstrasse 20
D-6100 Darmstadt, FRG

BITNET: <XBR2D96D at DDATHD21>
-----------------------------test.c-------------------------------------------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <gl.h>

main()
{
int id1,id2,f_id;

id1 = winopen("first");

f_id = fork();
if( f_id == -1) { printf(" no success in fork \n ");
                   exit(0); }
if( f_id !=  0) { printf(" child = %d \n",f_id);
                  while(TRUE);
                  exit(0); }

printf(" now new \n");
id2 = winopen("second");