Disk Quotas

Jim Barton jmb at patton.SGI.COM
Wed Mar 29 03:42:28 AEST 1989

While I was perusing comp.sources.unix, I came across an article containing
code the purports to support disk quotas on System V type machines.  Since
several persons on the net have asked about similar support for 4D machines,
I was wondering if any of them would be willing to port the thing and see
if it actually does the job.

We probably wouldn't do it internally right away, since nobody in house
uses quotas, making effective testing somewhat problematical.  If it can
be verified to work, then we can release it as part of 4Dgifts or through
the IRIS software exchange.

The relevant article is for source v18i067 - diskquotas under system V.  If
you can't get it from there, I saved a copy.  Send me mail and I'll send
it to you.

-- Jim Barton
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems    "UNIX: Live Free Or Die!"
jmb at sgi.sgi.com, sgi!jmb at decwrl.dec.com, ...{decwrl,sun}!sgi!jmb

  "I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused."
			- Elvis Costello, 'Red Shoes'