Flight/dog questions

Bates TAD/HRNAB ms294 x2601 blbates at AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV
Fri Mar 3 22:55:49 AEST 1989

     1. When you execute flight/dog add '-o filename' then everything
        you do is save on a file. Make sure you have a lot of disk space.
        To replay the 'airshow' add '-i filename', everything you did
        shows up as a separate aircraft.  You can chase the planes, fire
        on them, etc, however, they keep flying as if you weren't there.
        When the end of the file is reached, the file is rewound and things
        start over.  I have done this writing out one file, then, use that
	file as input and also writing out a new file, thus combining the
	old file and what you are doing now. If you do this enough times
	you can build a complete airshow with lots of aircraft.

     2. I can't remember having any problems with missile lock, but I haven't
        played in a while and I usually don't use the heads-up display.
        The heads-up version I have is a little 'buggy', and the
        instrumentation is not real clear.

     3. My guess was some type of G indicator, or some other type of rate
        of change indicator.  What is it really?

     4. A lot of the IRIS demos and other software is available from SGI
        and the IRIS Software Exchange. For $100 they will send you a tape
        with the software on it.  They have 2000/3000 and 4D tapes.
        The address to get the tape follows:

             User Services
             Silicon Graphics, Inc.
             Mailstop 2U-420
             2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
             Mountain View, CA 94039-7311

     5. I had heard someone mention it would be nice if you could specify
        which machines the information would go to, but I don't know if
        anything was done allong those lines.

   I hope this is some help.
--

	Brent L. Bates