Telnetd problem in 3.2?

kenyon at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu kenyon at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Thu Nov 30 06:09:00 AEST 1989

	Is there a problem with telnetd on 3.2?

	I have ksh88 running on my
4D/120GTX under 3.2.  When I login at the console all works as expected.
When I login from a terminal (vt100) through ethernet I get logged out
when I enter a ^C ( intr = ^C).  If I change the intr to anything else,
eg. ^P, when I enter that command (^P) I get logged off the system.

This problem started when I changed to 3.2. If I use the same version
of ksh88 on a 3.1g system (4D/20) this problem is gone.

Therefore to see if it was the telnetd from 3.2 I copied the telnetd from
the 3.1g system to the 3.2 system and the problem is gone.  If I copy the
3.2 telnetd to the 3.1g system now that system has the same problem I
had with the 3.2 system.

Any Ideas?

Bob Kenyon
128.248.166.25