Transfer Personal IRIS images to VCR

Gary Klaassen gklaass at yunexus.UUCP
Sat Nov 11 23:09:31 AEST 1989

We are considering getting a Personal Iris to do 3D colour graphics.
We would like to transfer the images, frame by frame if necessary, to
NTSC video (VHS and super VHS) for animation.

We have been told that SGI sells a board that will do this, but it
takes up the VME slot, which means if you want a tape drive, it has
to be external.  Does anyone know of any alternatives such as using
RGB output? If that is possible, what extra hardware is required?
Is a genlock feature required?

				Thanks in advance, G. Klaassen