FORTRAN System Interface Routine Library

Calvin H. Vu calvin at dinkum.wpd.sgi.com
Sat Oct 21 04:58:11 AEST 1989

In article <Oct.18.17.34.39.1989.29602 at topaz.rutgers.edu>, elkins at topaz.rutgers.edu (George Elkins) writes:

> I need to use some of the routines listed in IRIS 4D FORTRAN 77
> Programmer's Guide, Chapter 4, System Functions and Subroutines.
> containing some of these (For example, getenv, getlog, fdate, etc.).
>
> George Elkins

This is an example in Fortran:

	integer putenv
	character*10 value
	character*24 name, date

	i = putenv("foo=bar")
	call getenv("foo", value)
	print *, value
	call getlog(name)
	print *, name
	call fdate(date)
	print *, date
	end

and everything seems to work fine for me.

In 3.2 and previous releases, for some Fortran system routines that take
character arguments, if the length of your character arguments exceed 128 bytes
those routines will return an 'invalid argument' error.   This has been fixed
in our next release.   If you have the error above just check to make sure
that the character argument is not defined with a length exceeding 128 bytes.

Calvin Vu
Silicon Graphics
calvin at wpd.sgi.com